Leveraging Akumina, leading global enterprises create transformative workplace experiences such as modern intranets, digital dashboards, and mobile applications focused on employee engagement, productivity, and innovation.
Software Business Analyst:
Working directly with the Vice President of product engineering, the Business Analyst will take responsibility for gathering and documenting business requirements in relation to new features in the Akumina digital workplace software platform. This role will be involved on all aspects of bringing new features, capabilities and products to market. Akumina engineering practices the Agile software development methodology, and the BA would support that methodology with the creation of requirement documents, product specification, and sprint user stories. This role will also help verify the completion of those stories prior to QA.
Position is based at the Akumina headquarters in the Nashua NH.
- Create and prioritize user stories that developers and testers can develop against and manage the backlog to ensure a successful release that delivers to expectation.
- Takes responsibility for interpreting the company’s product vision and producing the necessary project plan to make it happen.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders at all levels. Teams with product marketing to conduct business requirements, fact finding processes, including solution feasibility studies.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of specific use cases.
- Delivers clear product documentation that will be used by engineering, training and marketing.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or computer science / information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- 3+ years of experience as a business or requirement analyst.
- Analytical: Undertakes complex tasks and breaks them down into manageable parts in a systematic way, thinks of multiple possible causes and anticipates consequences of situations, thinks of possible alternatives for a situation.
- Great communication skills with proven ability to collaborate with colleagues in a cross functional, team-oriented environment
- Strong IT capabilities and experience working with large enterprise customers.
- Experience with software development projects (SDLC).
- Experience with source control systems and documentation tools.
- Experience with visualization tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to plan tasks and track progress against an integrated team project plan
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent work-streams
- Sound business judgment and the ability to escalate critical matters to management promptly
- Self-motivated team player
- Prototyping experience
- Worked with distributive development teams
- Knowledge of SharePoint or Office365
- Problem Solver
- Attention to Detail
- Positive Attitude