As an Akumina software product manager, you are responsible for defining the key end-to-end product scenarios, working closely with sales, the customer success team, and the engineering team to build a roadmap of features, and landing the product strongly in market. You will work at all points in the product development cycle and oversee the members of the product team, ensuring that all deadlines are met, and goals are reached. This role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, and partnering effectively with other teams. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning as well as drilling into technical architecture and design. You are optimistic, have a can-do attitude, and are great at collaboration.
- Lead short- and long-term development projects including requirements definition, application architecture, UI design, implementation, automated quality testing, continuous deployment, and field trial.
- Perform proficiently in program management and as an expert in project management, software development processes and related best practices. Operate at strategic or tactical level.
- Stay current on various project methodologies techniques (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, Kanban), understanding best applications for each.
- Run 1 to 2 programs with project management assistance. A program consists of multiple delivery goals over time in support of an over-arching business objective.
- Provide leadership, direction and collaboration among departments to ensure successful implementation and support. Push the team to analyze issues that arise during development and propose solutions to improve team operations, while building trusting relationships with the team.
- Facilitate project meetings, Scrum ceremony meetings, and project post mortems. Hold the team accountable to come to meetings prepared, and own action items or process improvement outcomes. Prioritize stakeholder feedback appropriately.
- Raise the bar on product and team quality, be a customer advocate.
- Inspire, lead, and organize internal improvement initiatives to existing software engineering.
- Develop a quality focus in others by establishing clear requirements and measuring key outcomes. Generate program/project dashboards and KPI reports to track progress, provide project team transparency, while maintaining a clear understanding of project health, and using appropriate project metrics (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall) to collect, analyze and discuss with the leadership team.
- A strong track record of successful software product delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP or CAPM)
- Scrum Master Certification
- Knowledge of DevOps Practices & Tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent
- 2 years of program management experience and/or 5 to 7 years of project management experience
- 4 years of experience managing projects or teams through the software development life cycle
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Pays close attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert-level knowledge of project management techniques and tools within various software development methodologies ( e.g. Waterfall, SDLC, Agile)
- Ability to work effectively and get things done in a dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, Visio, and other agile collaboration & work tracking tools (Wiki’s, JIRA, TFS, etc)